What is facial rejuvenation acupuncture?
Facial rejuvenation acupuncture involves the insertion of tiny, hair thin needles into specific acupuncture points on the face and on the body. The goal is to increase circulation to the face and to stimulate lymphatic drainage. This reduces fine lines and wrinkles, reduces puffiness, stimulates collagen production and relieves facial muscle tension.
Facial rejuvenation acupuncture is generally used as part of a comprehensive facial rejuvenation treatment.The results are both immediate and cumulative. The more treatments, the better the results.
From a Chinese medicine point of view, these treatments increase qi (energy) and blood flow to the face and body and balances the organ systems. Qi provides nourishment and support to every cell, tissue, muscle and organ in the body. This stimulates the body’s regenerative process and releases facial and overall body tension.
From a western medicine point of view, these treatments cause micro-traumas in the dermal layer of the skin, created when the tiny needles are inserted. This causes an increase in blood flow and promotes new collagen and elastin production, the key building blocks of the skin that naturally depletes as we age.
Benefits of facial rejuvenation acupuncture:
- Promotes collagen and elastin production and improves skin texture
- Firmer, smoother and softer skin
- Increases blood and lymphatic circulation to the face
- Youthful, healthy glow to the skin and brightening of the eyes
- Reduces fine lines and softens deep wrinkles
- Lifts sagging facial muscles and reduces puffiness
- Reduces dark circles under eyes
- Hydrates dry skin and balances oily skin
- Reduces dark or age spots, and improves skin tone
- Facial muscle relaxation
- Reduces acne, rosacea, scarring and other skin conditions
- Improvement in total body wellness and relaxation
Contraindications for facial rejuvenation acupuncture:
- Frequent and recurrent migraines
- Uncontrolled hypertension
- Chronic illness or major health issues
- Seizure disorders
- People on blood thinning medications
- Recent injections like botox or dermal fillers
- Damaged, sunburnt, inflamed or irritated skin
RESTORING YOUR BODY’S BALANCE.