What is facial rejuvenation gua sha?
During facial rejuvenation gua sha, an instrument made from jade is used to gently massage the face and jaw. Jade is used, as this stone has balancing and natural cooling properties. After applying a special oil to the face, the jade stone can smoothly glide across the face and jaw. This is not painful, and actually relaxing, gentle and soothing. The goal is to increase circulation, improve lymphatic drainage and stimulate collagen production. This results in an overall brighter and more youthful complexion, reduced puffiness, tightening of the skin and contours of the face and relaxed facial muscles.
Facial rejuvenation gua sha is generally used as part of a comprehensive facial rejuvenation treatment. The results are both immediate and cumulative. The more treatments, the better the results.
Gua sha is part of traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), dating back to the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644). Gua sha has an ancient history with proven benefits, both for the body as a whole and for healthy and glowing skin. Facial rejuvenation gua sha is very different from traditional gua sha, in that it is not painful and does not leave the bruise marks that traditional body gua sha could leave.
Benefits of facial gua sha:
- Promotes collagen and elastin production and improves skin texture
- Firmer, smoother and softer skin
- Increases blood and lymphatic circulation to the face
- Youthful, healthy glow to the skin and brightening of the eyes
- Reduces fine lines and softens deep wrinkles
- Lifts sagging facial muscles and reduces puffiness
- Reduces dark circles under eyes
- Hydrates dry skin and balances oily skin
- Reduces dark or age spots, and improves skin tone
- Facial muscle relaxation
- Reduces acne, rosacea, scarring and other skin conditions
- Tightening of the skin and contours of the face
- Reduces sinus pressure and pain
- Improvement in total body wellness and relaxation
Contraindications for facial gua sha:
- Frequent and recurrent migraines
- Uncontrolled hypertension
- Chronic illness or major health issues
- Seizure disorders
- People on blood thinning medications
- Recent injections like botox or dermal fillers
- Damaged, sunburnt, inflamed or irritated skin
RESTORING YOUR BODY’S BALANCE.