If you and your partner are struggling to have a baby, you are not alone. In the United States 10-15% of couples struggle with infertility. At Acupuncture & Homeopathy Clinic I use an integrative approach, using knowledge of both eastern and western medicine and many modalities to increase your chances of falling and staying pregnant. Whether you are trying to fall pregnant naturally or with assisted reproductive technology, I will work with you and your doctors to support you every step of the way.
It is advisable to start preparing your body at least three to six months prior to trying to conceive. When it comes to things like intrauterine insemination (IUI) or in vitro fertilization (IVF), it is also best to start acupuncture treatments at least three to six months prior. The effectiveness of acupuncture is cumulative and time is needed to get your body and hormones optimally balanced.
After a very thorough health history, I will tailor a program to your specific needs. This includes modalities like acupuncture, homeopathic remedies, chinese herbs, nutritional supplements and vitamins, lifestyle and dietary changes.
Studies have shown that women that undergo acupuncture before in vitro fertilization (IVF) have higher success rates. Many IVF centers are recommending patients to support their treatments with acupuncture to increase the chances of falling and staying pregnant.
Studies have shown that acupuncture helps fertility in many ways:
- Supports your body in every phase of your menstrual cycle.
- Increases blood flow to the uterus to support a healthy uterine lining and implantation of the embryo.
- Increases blood flow to the ovaries.
- Improves ovarian function and ovulation in patients with polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) and anovulatory cycles.
- Improves endometriosis and fibroids.
- Increases the chance of pregnancy in women undergoing in vitro fertilisation (IVF) and intrauterine insemination (IUI).
- Reduces side effects of fertility drugs.
- Improves sperm count and motility.
- Reduces stress and anxiety associated with infertility.
- Decreases rate and chances of miscarriage and ectopic pregnancies.
I have a special interest in treating infertility and it is one of my passions. I am grateful for having had the privilege of treating many couples in the last twenty years successfully for infertility and for having been part of their journey.
Have a look at some of the testimonials on my website. The conditions leading to infertility ranged from unexplained infertility, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), endometriosis, uterine fibroids, recurrent pregnancy loss, recurrent in vitro fertilisation (IVF), intrauterine insemination (IUI) and intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) failures, low sperm count, morphology and motility.
Treatment at Acupuncture & Homeopathy Clinic can positively impact so many aspects of the infertility process and improve pregnancy, birth rate and your chances of having a healthy baby.